About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekly Blog 26
Due March 30th, 2015
Matthew W. Blair
             This past week was a busy one. I had a lot of work to do and a lot of it I will have to do over the weekend. The week started off well, I was able to accomplish a lot in the library while Mrs. Secord conducted her interviews for next year’s ISM students. All week I have been working on an excel spreadsheet that my mentor and I will use to track the prices of each ETF in our portfolio. I used to be very Excel savvy, so now I am essentially just teaching myself everything again. I was not able to meet with my mentor this week because he is traveling. I look forward to hearing about his travels at our meeting next week.

            As for this upcoming week, I will meet with my mentor and hopefully continue to learn and gain that real world experience that my peers are not getting. I enjoy the upper hand this class is giving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment