About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekly Blog #19
Due Date: February 2nd, 2015
Matthew W. Blair
            This last week was great. As you know Merrill Lynch’s compliance officer prohibited my last mentorship, however upon meeting with Mr. Taylor Allen at Goldman Sachs I am back in the game.  I am extremely excited to work with and learn from Mr. Allen. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field that I hope he will share with me. His personality type reminded me a lot of myself and I look forward to his mentorship.
            So now I am in the process of catching up and getting ahead. I have to make my mentor bio tonight, which should be quick, and just some other work and I should be caught up.  Something new that happened this week was that instead of printing off my research assessment article I took it out of a magazine. I recently subscribed to The New Yorker and found a good article so I cut it out and annotated it. It’s a nice touch from the black and white in my portfolio.

            I should be meeting with Mr. Allen this Friday and hope that it will be the beginning of something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment