About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekly Blog #11
Due: November 17, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair
       This week was typical in all aspects. I did not go on any interviews, but I have some leads that the guys at BBT Capital gave me. I am looking forward to meeting with them soon, as I am still a little lost in the process of finding a mentor and could still use some interviews to find them. This week I was able to conduct more research on hedge fund management. I have continued my reading as usual and have kept teaching myself in the field of finance.
       A big thing that I have started this last week and this week was my display board. It has been quite the challenge because I am not really skilled in arts and crafts. Luckily it has been smooth sailing so far and should remain that way until I am done. Along with creating and designing my display board I have been working on making my portfolio look more presentable than plain white everything. I have chosen a black, white, and grey color scheme for both my display board and my portfolio. As for next week, I plan to get a couple more interviews with professionals.




No comments:

Post a Comment