About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekly Blog #10
Due Date: November 10th, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair

       This week was full of our usual work and interviews. The weeks are getting repetitive and the work is getting easier. This week I had the opportunity to meet with three individuals last Friday at BBT Capital in Dallas. I met with the CFO and head of Investor Relations, Ken McCarty, an Analyst sector specific to Consumer Stocks, Lars Moore, and the head of Marketing and partner in Investor Relations, Ryan Leach.
       Ken McCarty was a great individual to meet with. He supplied me with advice that will aid vastly in helping me get a job in the hedge fund industry. When I asked what was important in my future education, he gave an interesting response and said that it is important to take English classes to fluently talk with clients.
       Lars Moore is the person I originally set up an interview with and he helped set up interviews with Mr. McCarty and Mr. Leach. Lars was really fun to talk with. He said that I was on the right track and way ahead of what most do. He was able to recommend some research and new books for me to look into.
       Ryan Leach was the head of marketing and partner in investor relations. This interview was not planned and was kind of last minute, but he was really cool to meet with and has contacts that he is going to reach out for me to find me interviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment