About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Friday, November 21, 2014

Weekly Blog #12
Due: November 24th, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair
       This week we covered some generic work and prepared for our winter showcase. We had to have our display boards done by the end of class Wednesday and today we had to create our guest lists.
       I am really excited for winter showcase and to put all of my research on display for everyone in attendance to see. I have worked very hard and have a lot to be proud of. In constructing my guest list I had some difficulty, as I put my family on the list but I was hesitant to put my friends on it. They are my friends, but I do not have a ton of confidence in their ability to show and conduct professional behavior. However I ended up putting them on the list because they are my best friends and who knows, maybe their unprofessionalism will make me laugh when I am super stressed. I have done quite a bit of preparation so far for this six weeks and winter showcase, and I am ready to get the mentorship process going. This year is going great so far and I have high hopes for my future that I believe ISM will help me succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment