About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Weekly Blog #17
Due January 19th, 2015
Matthew Blair
            This week we worked on a couple of things, but most importantly we worked on our original works. I am a week or two away from finishing mine and I think that I will be able to use this as an example of my knowledge for years to come.
            Also this week I worked on my first semester evaluation paper. In the paper we had to talk about our mentorship, our goals for this year, and any ideas we have for our final product. As I stated earlier, my mentor is Mr. Travis Taylor who is a Vice President and Administrative Manager at Merrill Lynch. He oversees numerous financial advisors and I hope to learn from his management skills more than anything as I see myself in that position of leadership in the future.

            This weekend I got my wisdom teeth removed but I am on a quick recovery and it should not interfere with any of my classwork. In other news I have officially decided on attending the University of North Texas, I hope that I will be able to use some of the knowledge that I gain from Mr. Taylor to help me at college next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment