About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Weekly Blog #14
Due: December 8th, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair
            This week we had two goals that we were emphasizing: our student teacher conferences and preparing for the winter showcase next Tuesday. The winter showcase will take place Tuesday night at Heritage High School. It will house Independent Study Mentorship students from various schools across the district with topics ranging from Finance to Fashion. The showcase gives students the chance to show off their research thus far as well as talk with members of the community to discuss their progress and goals for the future. The event is a great way to see how you may match up to other students across the district and also serves as a great networking opportunity because you never know whom you will meet.

       Our other focus this week was our student teacher. I met with Mrs. Secord on Monday during class and it was a successful meeting. In the meetings we went over our portfolios, discussed our progress and where we were in the mentor process, and just checking in with how we are doing. My portfolio is current and always well kept; everything is edited when received and immediately put into its place. I look forward to this upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment