About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekly Blog #14
Due: December 8th, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair

       This past week I have done a decent amount of work, mainly finding interviews/someone to be my mentor and research assessments. Recently I also toned down my topic from specific to hedge fund management to general finance, but I am looking to get on the marketing or investor relations side of the industry. I have an interview this afternoon with a man who does direct marketing for Merrill Edge under Bank Of America for which I am very excited. As for my research assessment last week, I looked into what it takes to have a job in finance as a whole in this day and age. Its much more demanding and requires much of its participants compared to what it used to be. I hope to find someone, like I said earlier, in the marketing and/or investor relations’ side of the financial industry. I changed my mind because when I had my interview at BBT Capital I met with someone in that department and he really spoke to me. I liked what they did and what they did for their job. Trying to read and connect with the consumer is fascinating to me, but so is finance, so put the two together and you have what I’m looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment