About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekly Blog 22
Due February 23rd, 2015
Matthew W. Blair
            This week I didn’t have as much work as I previously had, however I still had quite a bit and a very small time to do so. I had work Tuesday through Thursday until close and was sacrificing a lot of sleep this week for schoolwork. I had to make and prepare my Original Work speech by Wednesday and present it that class, which was a success. I ended up with an A, however there were a couple minor things I would have changed if I had to give it again.

            Also this week I worked on my final product. Mr. Allen said I should familiarize myself with the lingo that goes along with dividends: Dividend, Ex-Date, and Record Date. Simple enough for a whole week, however also we had to decide whether we were going to use Bloomberg.com or attempt to use their Bloomberg Terminals. After testing both and emailing back and forth we found that the terminal would give us better results and more to work with. I plan to learn how to properly report back to a client in my next couple visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment