About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Friday, September 19, 2014

Weekly Blog #3
Due Date: September 22nd, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair

         We started the week off in the computer lab working on improving our blogs, however the tech teacher did not arrive until about half way through the period so we were left helpless that day. Fortunately I have made my blog easy and did not need a lot of help to do that. We also had to turn in our contact list and research assessment on Monday. I filled my contact list with people who work in Hedge Funds in the DFW area. Wednesday and Friday we spent our in-class time working on our résumé’s for the year. My resume contains information regarding my academic accomplishments, athletic accomplishments, and other information regarding myself. Our résumé’s will be useful in conducting our interviews. By keeping them concise and to the point we have made them a quick and easy read for any potential interviewer. Hopefully after interviewing multiple executives in my desired position I will have a greater understanding of what I will need to do in order to make it to that position. Making our contact list and conducting our research assessment allowed me to look further into Dallas Hedge Funds. Hopefully by the end of this school year I will have an in depth understanding of the field of Finance/Hedge Fund Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment