About Me...

Welcome to my ISM Blog,

I am a student at Dr. Justin Wakeland High school located in Frisco, Texas. I am in the Independent Study Mentorship Program, or ISM, at Wakeland and my topic of study for this school year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. Throughout the year I will post Weekly Reports and my research along with other related works for the class here.

Thank You,
Matthew W.Blair

Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekly Blog #1
Due Date: September 8th, 2014
By: Matthew W. Blair


         My entrance into the ISM program has been seamless and I am excited for the journey the class will take me on. My topic of study for the year is Finance, specifically Hedge Fund Management. I have done much reading in my topic such as the following books: “The Intelligent Investor”, “Warren Buffett And The Interpretation Of Financial Statements”, and I am currently reading “More Money Than God: Hedge Funds And The Making Of A New Elite” and “Security Analysis”. All of the Books listed above have provided me with the interest in Finance and Hedge Fund Management and I cannot seem to get enough of, which is why I am taking this course. ISM will provide me with the out of the classroom experience that no other class has to offer. So far ISM has been successful and easy, but I do not foresee it to always be that way. I know this class will be challenging, one cannot always expect for the best. Much like the Stock Market there will be good days and there will be bad days. After this week I will need to work on more in depth research of Hedge Funds in Dallas and figure out the qualities that I would like to have in a potential mentor.